Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rough Start

Well it's day 1 and things are already off to a rough start! I forgot to take my list of ingredients to the store with me so I could make a pumpkin spice latte this morning. We have a busy day ahead of us and I really want one! But I will not make a Starbucks run!!! I will be happy with my Folgers and Cinnabon creamer and pick up the ingredients after the Home Depot Kids Workshop this morning. Usually I'd run out and grab one after downing my Folgers...but I will succeed and make my own later. Saturdays are always so busy and are usually a fast food day because we're busy all day! Today is the first Saturday of our new, and improved lives!


Oh-one more thing. I realized this FFF (Fast Food Free) thing we've started makes more work for me! What kind of mom would add more work to her plate? Well MY kind, of course!!!! I have to plan ahead better and pack meals and snacks for the day before we leave in the morning and if, by chance, I don't then the kiddos will be hungry and I'd have to interrupt our day to come home, or go to a grocery store, for some healthier fixin's. Sometimes fast food is more convenient but it is NOT the only option. So I will plan better endure more work in order to make my family healthier!!


Blessings
  Becky


PS-Hubby is taking me to Joe's Crab Shack tonight for my birthday dinner-so I will need to prepare dinner for the kids and sitter ahead of time and not just grab something from a fast food joint as I'd usually do...


PSS-I think I fixed the comment section! Happy commenting!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...